Site and lift lines
These are generally temporary lines for site offices, canteens, and marketing suites. There is also the opportunity for the provision of temporary wi-fi. You will need to order these site lines direct from your chosen service provider – please ensure that you:
- place the order eight weeks before service is required (ie when the site office/portable cabin will be in place for the line to be installed)
- identify the line as a "site line” and that this is a temporary line.
- provide the exact location of the site distribution point (a weatherproof box that can be purchased from most building material suppliers – see document for more information).
Once that order is placed the line will be surveyed and installed.
These lines are classed as a permanent line within your building and currently use a copper feed – so it’s important when you register your site that you indicate that this type of line is required so that we can plan for their provision at the start of your build.
During the initial site meeting you should discuss lift line requirements with your site representative. You will need to order these lift telephone lines direct from your chosen service provider – please ensure that you:
- place the order eight weeks before service is required
- identify the line as a "lift line"
- explain the building is a "new site"
- provide the correct address of where the line is required.
Please note: Lift lines ordered too far in advance may be cancelled by your service provider due to their order process systems, and likewise late orders may result in delay.