Reporting external damage or health and safety issues
We’re very sorry if we’ve caused damage to your property during recent work, let us know by calling us on 0800 023 2023, Option 1, Option 2 and we’ll put it right.
It’s important that you let us know if you think that any part of our network (outside the boundary of your property) has the potential to be a danger to the general public. If you notice that it has been damaged, let us know by calling 0800 023 2023, Option 1, Option 1. You can also report unsafe Openreach worksites through this number too.
This could include the following:
- Damaged underground cables (typically caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
- Loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
- Damaged green cabinets and/or open doors on them
- Damaged telephone poles (e.g. poles leaning at awkward angles, or poles that have been completely smashed to the ground)
- Loose, cracked or missing manhole covers.