Highways and utilities

Highways and utilities

We want to make sure our street equipment is working exactly as it should, undamaged and not causing obstructions. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s the law.

So if you notice defective Openreach equipment, please email us a photo of the equipment so we can check it belongs to us and then get it sorted. It’s really helpful if you give us the precise location details so we can fix it quickly – for example, a full postcode, or even a 12 digit grid reference.

If you want to check if the equipment is ours, please download a copy of our Identifying our equipment booklet.

To get in touch you can:

  • ETON 6: You can submit your Section 81's direct into Openreach by using the noticing system

  • SRWR: In Scotland, notification should be made using the Defective Apparatus Notification Form in the Scottish Road Works Register

  • Call the Council/Highway Authority only priority telephone number, for 2-4 hour emergency response

  • If you are a utility or emergency service, please call your local Highway/Road authority to report the defect, or to inform us by phone, details can be found here.